1.24.2013

Nutella Cookies

Ingredients
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another medium bowl combine the butter, chocolate hazelnut spread, sugar, and brown sugar. Using a stand mixer, cream the ingredients together.  Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir until just combined. Refrigerate dough for at least one hour.
4. Using a tablespoon measure, spoon out the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet, spacing the mounds about 4 inches apart. Use the tines of a fork to flatten the cookie dough. Bake until golden around the edges, about 10 to 13 minutes. Let cool briefly, then use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool.

I went looking for this recipe after my hubby and I had a Nutella chocolate chip skillet at Biaggi's. It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  I was a little apprehensive of the amount of butter in the recipe, but curiosity got the best of me and I had to try it. Right off the bat the batter tasted so close to what we had at the restaurant. Next it was obvious that 10-13 minutes will turn your cookie into crisps. I personally have never been one for crispy cookies. I like them cooked, but gooey in the middle. The skillet cookie we had was this way. Once I tweaked the cooking time they came out more moist. However once they cooled off they lost their gooey-ness. So unless you can and want to eat them straight out of the oven with a small scoop of ice cream on them. . .you will want to keep looking for a Nutella cookie recipe.

No comments: