11.07.2012

Fall wreath

This wreath was a lot of fun to make. I made it last year and have gotten a lot of compliments on it. I wanted something different than I had ever seen before, and so I went with a square wreath. . it's actually more rectangle. I used some foam from the kitchen table box that we have just bought and used gorilla glue for foam. It took a little bit of patience, since the glue takes time to dry, but eventually it did, and I could start with the leaves.
I painted the foam black so that the white foam didn't stick out like a sore thumb, then I got leaves from the dollar store. I think I bought three packs just to be safe, and I think I ended up using just two. I used hot glue to glue the leaves on. Then I hung it on my door. Super easy. The one major flaw is that it is made out of super lightweight foam, so last year after a windy storm my wreath was in pieces. Lucky I had the foam glue, and glued it right back together. This year's weather has been super mild so I haven't had to worry about it too much. Well worth it though.
 




No comments: